CEOs hate it. They try to ban it, censure it, and wish it would go away. But take a look at these statistics. Are they crazy? How can they ignore these market trends? How can they ignore Facebook?
Facebook currently has:
- More than 325 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- The fastest growing demographic is those 35 years old and older
Why would any manager or business want to ignore an audience of this size?
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- More than 8 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide)
- More than 45 million status updates each day
- More than 10 million users become fans of Pages each day
- More than 2 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 14 million videos uploaded each month
- More than 2 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) shared each week
- More than 3 million events created each month
- More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site