R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me! Employees may not be singing this classic hit to their employers, but they’re certainly telling them what they want and need in many other ways. Forty percent of the American workforce is expected to quit their current jobs by the end of the year even without another offer in hand (McKinsey Q3 report).
- 90% of workers would trade money for purpose in the work that they do (Betterup)
- 51% want better work-life integration (McKinsey)
- 59% leave work feeling exhausted (SHRM)
- 30% dread going to work (SHRM)
- 26% do not feel emotionally safe at work (SHRM)
- 30% say their workplace culture makes them irritable at home (SHRM)
Simply put…employers are swinging but missing employee expectations and employees are #swipingleft.
Add to this the shrinking world population and expectation for many baby boomers to soon retire and the conclusion is clear. The pendulum is currently full tilt on the increasing demand-side while the supply side is dwindling.
To get more employees to #swiperight, leaders must work with employees to create a clear and compelling Employee Experience plan.
If you’re a leader who’s unsure what Employee Experience is and how to develop a plan for it, this episode’s for you!