Our health and wellbeing are being severely tested. Personal stress levels are in overdrive, or as we like to say on Geeks Geezers and Googlization, the SHIFT is hitting a lot of plans. Just minutes before this episode, WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic. The stock market fell into bear territory. More conferences and events were canceled and many schools announced they were closing. With everyone’s business and personal plans susceptible to disruption, it’s no wonder our stress levels are skyrocketing. So we decided the best advice we could offer would be to stop and take a deep breath. The timing was perfect because today’s guest happened to be Joe Burton, CEO of Whil, a company founded in 2014 to fight the global stress epidemic. As a mindfulness advocate and author of Creating Mindful Leaders, Joe leaves you with practical skills you can use immediately to power down even if it’s just for a few minutes. Most importantly, he offers hope that no matter what is happening in our lives, mindfulness can help each of us how to power forward to a future when everything’s alright.
- 375M People Stuck in Deep SHIFT: Is AQ the Solution? | Season 3:042
- Shattering Black Male Stereotypes & Adversity Myths | Season 3:041
- I Simply Can’t Take It Anymore!| How to Survive Burnout | Season 3:040
- The Talent War: Great Organizations Avoid These 3 Hiring Mistakes | Season 3:039
- Is Empathy Fatigue Inevitable? | Season 3:038