Our health and wellbeing are being severely tested. Personal stress levels are in overdrive, or as we like to say on Geeks Geezers and Googlization, the SHIFT is hitting a lot of plans. Just minutes before this episode, WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic. The stock market fell into bear territory. More conferences and events were canceled and many schools announced they were closing. With everyone’s business and personal plans susceptible to disruption, it’s no wonder our stress levels are skyrocketing. So we decided the best advice we could offer would be to stop and take a deep breath. The timing was perfect because today’s guest happened to be Joe Burton, CEO of Whil, a company founded in 2014 to fight the global stress epidemic. As a mindfulness advocate and author of Creating Mindful Leaders, Joe leaves you with practical skills you can use immediately to power down even if it’s just for a few minutes. Most importantly, he offers hope that no matter what is happening in our lives, mindfulness can help each of us how to power forward to a future when everything’s alright.
- Adaptability is Our Superpower in the Never Normal with Greg Verdino
- Having the Courage To Do What Scares You with Dr. Joe Serio
- Inclusion is for Everyone, Not Just a Lucky Few with Amy C Waninger
- How Relationship Intelligence Helps Leaders Excel and Communicate Better with Michael Piperno
- Creating an Army of Recruiters Through Recognition with Sarah McVanel