If you’re hearing recruitment crickets, this could be why: your hiring process might suck! The economy is showing signs of a boom. The job market is heating up. The labor market is tight. Wages are rising and time-to-fill rates are rising. And yet, the top talent that companies seek, simply walk away and head straight to the competition. Why? HR and managers aren’t always on the same page. The values and expectations of hiring managers don’t align with the messaging used to attract candidates. Onboarding is more about paperwork and getting acknowledgment that new hires read the employee handbook than welcoming and introducing them into the business and culture. We also do our best to pound the last nail into the annual performance review’s coffin! It’s time that organizations accept that recruitment is marketing and hiring is sales according to our guest Molly McGrath, founder of Hiring & Empowering Solutions. In this episode, we’ll be talking about why HR and your managers may be killing your hiring process and how to fix it.
- Adaptability is Our Superpower in the Never Normal with Greg Verdino
- Having the Courage To Do What Scares You with Dr. Joe Serio
- Inclusion is for Everyone, Not Just a Lucky Few with Amy C Waninger
- How Relationship Intelligence Helps Leaders Excel and Communicate Better with Michael Piperno
- Creating an Army of Recruiters Through Recognition with Sarah McVanel